Friday, October 23, 2015

Vision pops back into view

Okay, we are now turning back to the ADC rigamarole. Here is what I just sent to my new mentee Pablo on the subject:
Dear Pablo: 
Here are some links:
​And I attach a few other relevant papers I have collected on your new favorite topic. I recommend that you read these papers and try to do some sort of "Hello CV" program in Processing, just to get your feet wet. 
The last link is to Mendeley, which I use to manage my references and make bibliographies easy. We can also set up a common folder to share references for this project. I think it is handy.

Also, if you haven't already done this, you should sign up for a GitHub account. We will use it as a central repository for our code, and rumor has it that many developers in Silicon Valley don't have resumes. They just have GitHub profiles. Anyway, send me your user ID when you have one. I am dvdrndlph. (This will probably live as a directory under https://github.com/dvdrndlph/didactyl.) 
I think that is enough mentoring for now. Have fun.
Cheers,
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment